Friday, January 8, 2010

Professional Women (or anyone) I need advice?

I shared an office with this woman for about a year and we became good friends at work, but not really outside of work. Our husbands also became friendly because they met each other through work events.





She left the company about two years ago and was later invited to sit on the board of directors. She accepted so I continued to see her now and then. We have remained ';work'; friends.





She and her husband see my husband through his job often. I recently left the company and when she saw my husband she asked for our home number so she could call me. She is a really great person and I respect her and like her allot. She invited me to lunch at her home and I accepted. We had a great time and talked for hours. She made quiche, it was delicious. Her house was immaculate, but ';lived in';.





Ok, here's my problem - I want to reciprocate but my house it not nearly as nice and I can't cook to save my life.





She is in her late 30's and I am 40 she has two children one in school and her 3 year old son that is at home with her during the day. She is currently a director at one company and works two days a week there, she also volunteers at our past company as a director and they meet two times a month.





i really want to continue this friendship outside of work. Our families get along so well. How can I reciprocate in an appropriate way?????


Professional Women (or anyone) I need advice?
if u really like by ur heart u invite her at ur house its big or small doesnt matter but the love, affection and respect u have and show her at during her visit is important. if u dont know to cook call some of ur relative or other person to cook Professional Women (or anyone) I need advice?
I would just get something from the box, can you cook box meals? Like pasta roni? rice a roni? and some canned veggies, heat em up over the stove? Just clean up your house a bit, do the best you can, and invite her over with warning about your cooking and house (she will probably insist you are too modest) If you really want to challenge yourself, invite her whole family or just her and her husband. Also, if you really don't think you can cook, you can always get those giant frozen lasangyas or enchilada, made by a good brand like stoffors or a brand name. Just throw it in the oven for the time and heat it says and voila! simple, try a practice dinner if you're not sure. Doesn't have to be fancy. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment