Friday, January 8, 2010

Any women been in this situation - your advice would really help?

I have lost the love of my life. She has run away from me and it has not been easy to deal with. She has a had a rough background and never had a father. She is the most independent, stubborn person in the world, but also has the biggest heart when she is at her best. She always runs away from me when things get a little rough, but this time she hasn't come back and its been six months. We stilll talk every now and then, usually me telling her that I am here for her and my door is open. She is with someone now who is not good for her, and she even tells me this? We saw eachother for the first time last week and could not stop holding eachothers hand. If any of you ladies have been in this situation or felt like running away when things get tough, is there hope for me? What can I do to convince her to stay a while and give it a try? What would you want a man to do?Any women been in this situation - your advice would really help?
I have felt like running away in the past but never did. I would never leave my children or any other loved one wondering where I am, how I am and if i am still alive. In my eyes, next to suicide, that is the most selfish act a person can do. I understand she is hurting but it appears she may be insecure about your relationship. You telling her the door is always open for her could be too vague for her to comprehend right now. I never had a father in my life but realized this weekend what I need in a man is one who is decisive. I need a man who will say, ';I want you with me. I love you and I need you to be here with me.'; Sounds simple enough but I had no idea that I would be receptive to that type of comment but because the men in my past have not said much of anything to me, making it difficult to read between the lines and decipher their intent. Tell her EXACTLY what you want, what you are willing work towards as a couple and what is expected of her. Period.Any women been in this situation - your advice would really help?
Sweetie, I wish there was something you could DO to change the situation as you ask, but really it is not about you, bu about her, so there is nothing you can do or say, this is not something that will ever get better until she goes to therapy. I know it is hard but you need to move on and find someone who loves you enough to stick around when it is rough! Good Luck!
Come on be Realistic this girl is playing with your emotions.If she wanted you then she would be back with you.Six months is enough time for her to workout who she wants to be with.Try moving on and get on with your own life as nothing will ever eventuate with this girl in the future.The only reason she left you in the first place is because she did not want to be there.Sorry.
You two are at very different places in your lives and you may never synch up. Find someone closer to your lifestyle and value system. Oh, and she's not into you; do you really want to be second best?
that 'running away ' is all BS. How come she is not running away from the other dude? Get the hint, she does not want you. If she trully loved you she would have never left....
i see only heart brake in this relationship
give her all ur attention and treat her like it's the last time u r going to see each other.
this girl has her own life journey to deal with. the only thing you can do is tell her your door is open and she can come back any time when she's serious. unfortunately you won't be able to do much to make her do what you'd like. she's definitely scared of something - not haveing a father leaves her without that familiarity of a male relationship to relate to and she's learning as she goes thru life. my advice is to just be there for her when you can and realize that someday you might not be able to be there for her (you meet someone who is emotionally available to you) and you have to let her go. but until then you can keep being the nice guy if you can handle it. good luck.
Golly, I'm like the Dixie Chicks--I'm always 'Ready to Run,' but I rarely stay gone. Usually it just means I'm pretty conflicted. I have always--and probably always will--just wanted people to be honest and straightforward. My advice to you is this: do not try to figure out how to 'play it', or what to do if she says this, or that; just be real.





There is a lot of really bad advice on here saying people should keep track of who contacts whom, and how often, make yourself less available--keep them wanting more, blah, blah, blah. These are silly games that may work fine for picking someone up in a bar, but you are talking about a bit more than that, it sounds like.





Ask for what you want, and lay it all out there (it would be pretty awful to always wonder what would have happened if you had just gotten up the guts, wouldn't it?) Say what you mean, and mean what you say.





Then, no matter what happens, you will know that you gave it your best shot, and will have no regrets! You may never know if you don't ask for an honest answer.





Good Luck, and remember, sincerity matters! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment