Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can you give me advice on flirting with women?

Let me tell you a little about myself: I am a 20 yr. old college student that hasn't dated since senior year in high school (only once!). So, I'm in college and haven't pretty much isolated myself from the outside world. I mean, I dress nice, I look good, I speak like an average person, but I CAN'T for the life bring myself to talk to girls, or anybody for that matter. I am too lazy to talk, I guess and really don't know what to say.





Here are a couple of REAL-LIFE scenarios I went through the past week. Can you give me pointers on how I should've reacted?





SCENARIO #1





I went to the library to get some studying done. It was PACKED and there were barely any seats available. I spotted a desk and decided to take it. While I was laying my things down and setting up my stuff, I noticed something from the corner of my eye. A girl was staring at me! Now, there are walls between the desks but since I was standing up, I could see her. I pretended not to notice, but it was well over an 6 second stare so I had to look back. I glanced down at her. She made eye contact for 2 seconds and immediately looked back down at her paper. Later, I went to the bathroom and came back and caught her looking at me on my way back to my desk! I caught her twice! I resumed studying.





SCENARIO #2





I arrive late to lecture and sit next to an attractive female. I had a feeling she was checking me out, but ignored it. For that class, we were passed notecards to right out questions for the next discussion session we had (mandatory). So, I whipped a pencil out of my backpack and begin pumping the button on the mechanical pencil for about 2 seconds when the girl next to me tapped me on the shoulder and handed me her pen. I thanked her, but I didn't really need it at the moment and kind of just sat there with the pen in my hand for 1 minute and gave it back to her, telling her that I could'nt think of anything to write. She told me to just write anything, but I said, ';No, I'll think of something later.'; So I did, and she let me borrow it again. After lecture finished, she got up right away and left. I thought she might've lingered around for a bit, but I guess not.





In these situations, what could I have done to further ';flirt'; and probably set up a future date?Can you give me advice on flirting with women?
wow just relax and talk. act like shes your best friend. flirting isn't actually hard to do because most girls will either go along with it or walk away which is how you know if they like you. you could have went an sat by that girl in the library and talked to her to see how things went. maybe ask her a question on something and see what she does. the main thing is relax and don't clam up because i'm a really naturally shy girl and when i like a guy that is shy too it doesn't quite work because neither of us make a move. so just be confident and yourself and you'll be fine.Can you give me advice on flirting with women?
woww ok just relax(:


You just seem a little tense...





In the first case you could have casually walked past her and grabbed a random book then on your way back brushed against her or just say ';hey do i know you?';








In the second case most likely just a random act of kindness but you could have maybe tried to keep the pen then maybe she would have waited for it back or maybe just say thanks...orr when you handed it back don't let go for a second...





I know it can be kind of hard just getting up that nerve but the key is to be yourself and be casual just make it seem like an ';accident'; to bump into that cute girl or something...





I hope this helps(:





Ps-you sound like a great guy so just be yourself...maybe try getting out a little like a party with a couple guys(:

No comments:

Post a Comment