Sunday, December 27, 2009

Friendly, uncontested divorce advice needed (esp., from women who have been there)?

my divorce is getting finalized Wednesday. Since my wife signed off on it, I'm the only one who needs to appear before the judge. My wife knows it's imminent, and she's ok with that, but as of right now she still doesn't know exactly when this will take place. During the course of our separation we started talking again and agreed to salvage a friendship and we still care for one another. So my question is, when should I inform her of the finalization of our divorce? Should I tell her that day after it's done or give her advance notice so she can brace herself? I know it will be a difficult day for her emotionally, so i'd like to make it as painless as possible for her. If any women could tell which u would personally prefer and why, I'd really appreciate it.Friendly, uncontested divorce advice needed (esp., from women who have been there)?
You situation was just like mine with my ex wife of 15 years. She filed for the divorce and paid for it, I did not agree with it but I let her have it. I would say handle it with diginity and respect, just ask her how she wants to handle it. I told mine just bring me papers when it is done, she even called me after getting out the court to let me know . We are still friends, but it something she wanted. We have daughter together so having friendship is very important. I got the house and majority custody of my daughter so I was happy with it. It went uncontested and straight forward.I will tell you it will feel different once you hear the words and see final on the divorce paper.Friendly, uncontested divorce advice needed (esp., from women who have been there)?
i had a friendly divorce. i would just let her know the courtdate by email. she doesn't need to be there.





my ex didn't have to be there. It was done in judges chambers and took two minutes. rather anticlimactic.





In our state the papers aren't ready for a while. three months later i had to go down and get a legal copy of the divorce decree.
We divorced the same way. The paper were sent to me, I signed, and then they were stamped by the judge, there was a date on it that told me when I would again be an unmarried person. He never had to tell me.... it's on the papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment