Thursday, December 31, 2009

I really need relationship/internet advice from both men and women of all ages?

Im 22, my fiancee for 3 yrs is 32. We have a 1 yr old daughter together and we're completely committed to eachother. I just showed my boyfriend that I looked up a profile of a 24 yr old male on myspace. This is someone whom I only had a platonic relationship with in the past. A friend from highschool, what he looks like has no relevance because I love my man. My man worries why I am looking up and talking to other guys, I say that people are just words on a computer screen and male or female, social interaction is important to a person. Im a stay at home mom, my man works all day and I just raise my daughter. We just moved to a new province in canada and we dont have any friends. Is it acceptable in a relationship for women to talk to other men or for men to talk to other women? Is chatting on myspace a no no if you want to keep a committed relationship?I really need relationship/internet advice from both men and women of all ages?
Nothing wrong with that at all...You man is being a touch too paranoid.I really need relationship/internet advice from both men and women of all ages?
You can have ANY friends you feel like having. Don't let anyone control you like that. I would rather have my girl look someone up on the internet instead of going to the mall or bar to find friends. He needs to not be so jealous and insecure.
my husband and i just moved to new city as well, and i am in exactly the same situation as you, hubby works all day and i stay home to raise our 2 year old daughter.





i say thank goodness for myspace, it makes me feel as though i have some contact with the outside world, and past friends!! my husband is not as annoyed as he used to be about me being friend with other guys. like you, they are friends from a long time ago. no big deal.
I dont think it is wrong. I myself have spent hours looking at dif peoples sites on myspace. I have found alot of old friends on there.
Because you're asking the question, I'm assuming you already know the possibility exists that some folks will say this is wrong... We're all different and some actions will result in jealous responses when the intent was completely innocent to you. As far as I'm personally concerned, I see nothing wrong with it as long as there is nothing hidden or secret about it. I wouldn't mind if you chatted with an old friend at the mall, but I might get a little uncomfortable if you talked with that same friend in a dark booth in a quiet resturant - and I found out from a friend of mine that saw you there, rather than directly from you.





Does that make sense?
Well right or wrong in this case might be different from one person to other person. Look at it this way, would u accept it IF your man chatted to another girl, someone that he was once attached to? If u have problem with that, then i'd say its wrong but if you think its ok, then its ok.





The bottomline is, i think you have to think where is that relationship (between u and ur friend) might lead to. Even if its only words and screen, a flirt still consider as a flirt. So re-consider that and put yourself in your man shoes and see it all from his perspective. Yes, social interaction is very important for everyone, but then maybe you could pick someone that will not worry your man. but thats your perogrative. you know wats best 4 u.





I hope you both sort out the matters. good luck!
i think committed people should have enough trust for one another to talk to anyone they want. if your man really trusts you and you trust him, i don't see a problem with talking to another guy. my boyfriend doesn't care who i talk to, he knows i am committed to him and only him.
If that is the worst thing you ever do, this guy has it made in the shade.
well you can chat with people in internet l do as well but curiosity makes you bad and you go steps by steps forword and you can not stop it people live their homes and children's for their internet lovers so chat but carefull
i think it is wrong. i don't say that im a saint and don't do this, but at least i don't show it to my man. i know it will be unpleasant for him. wouldn't it be inpleasant for u if your man was talking to other women and showing them to u as if sticking it? i doubt so. i know i wouldn't like it.
yes chatting on myspace is a big no no if u r married. i say that because ppl on there b talkin bout some crazy stuff and u jus might like it or if u meet some1 on there u might catch feelings and it might ruin ur relationship. if i was married i wouldnt b on it. but hey im young and not worried about any marriage right now so im on there all day.
If you are just looking up people on the internet to chat with, hunting down old friends to reminesce with, then it sounds innocent enough. As long as it is just an ocasional thing I would say it's ok. But if it gets to the point where you are talking to this guy on a regular basis, and sharing a lot of info., I could see where that might make your guy feel a little less important, jealous, or mad.





Your fiancee might be worried due to the fact that many people use my space, and such websites to find a fling or realtionship of some sort. There has also been a lot of media attention here recently on how online chatting, can start out innocent enough, then develop in to a highly emotional relationship with another person, and soemtimes even lead to affairs or cheating.





With that in mind, maybe you can kind of understand why he might be a little upset or worried.





I too am a stay at home mom, and do understand it can be hard at times. Maybe it would help if you and your daughter join a playgroup, it would give you both a chance to socialize a little. Or, look around and see if you can find some kind of club that interests you, this would be a great way for you to meet new people since you just moved, and it would give you a chance to get out of the house for a bit.





Most importantly, keep open communication with your fiance. Try to find out why he has a problem with you talking to people online, and you can try to expalin to how you feel about it.
engaged for 3 years? why the hold-up?
The same thing happened to me,as my wife used a text chatroom.everything was ok until we went thro a rocky patch and he became a good shoulder to cry on.


Secretly they arranged to meet but i found out before they met and i stopped any contact .


I told him we were still in love and sleeping together but he then called my wife and said he'd slit her throat and then rape our kids!!!nice chap eh!


My advice is dont get too involved as you dont really know who your chatting to!just chat and dont take everything they say at face value.


Ask your husband to babysit while you take up a hoby or try to meet new friends. Best wishes L
It all depends on what your intentions are for doing what your doing. Being a stay at home mom is a toughy. I did it for almost ten years. Your hubby probably does not realize, that asides from your child... There is no other person you have contact with on a daily basis. It gets boring and lonely. However, sometimes there are other things that you can do asides from chatting. It becomes easily addicting. Balance it out. Do other things also:)
If your boyfriend was a man and committed to you he would have married you before the baby was conceived. He's had three years for crying out loud! Doesn't it bother you that your child is illegitimate? Don't fool yourself. If he was committed, you'd each have a band of gold on your fingers.





Platonic relationship are fine for people who are confident in their relationships. He is obviously not confident in himself you his relationship to you or else he would trust you and not worry about other guys coming to take you away from him.Is he in love with you or are you just a pet. Perhaps that's why he's worried. .





Chatting (Not cyber sex) is NOT cheating. What's he worried about? Is he puting himself into your shoes? Would he cheat? IS that why he's so paranoid?





If he was serious about it you would have been married long ago. It's not about you, it's about him!
as long as you're both secure in the relationship it shouldn't be a problem, but some guys get jelous very easy but i agree that social inter action is a must when you take care of your kids all day. make sure that your man understands this. I went through the same thing with my man and we now have 2 daughters. just make sure your man knows that you love him and are VERY commited to him and things should be fine.
There is really nothing wrong with just talking. Your boyfriend may feel threatened by this type of thing and it could put stress on your relationship! He may get the idea that you are looking for a younger man. It could also cause him to trust you less!
Why are you showing yr finacee some guy on myspace? If that's o.k. with you -- can he (yr finacee) look up girl's he knew in High School?

No comments:

Post a Comment