Sunday, December 27, 2009

Need advice/ websites from catholic women or those who are familiar with catholic beliefs on fertility.?

My husband is catholic, and we are trying to do the natural family planning thing. However, I do not have regular periods, so it is difficult to know when to time intercourse. We would like to start trying for a baby possibly around October.


I may be needing to go to the obgyn soon as I have not had a period since April 27. I took 4 hpt's and all were neg, and I am spotting everytime I have intercourse (we are not rough) so there may be something wrong.


I want to be informed before I go to the doctor, on what treatments I am able to do without conflicting with my husbands or my religion.


I apprieciate any advice that can be given!!


This is the website for my bbt chart for anyone who may be interested.


http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2180鈥?/a>Need advice/ websites from catholic women or those who are familiar with catholic beliefs on fertility.?
You can start with this website:





http://www.catholicblogs.com/search/cath鈥?/a>





And this forum is also helpful:





http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.鈥?/a>





And here is an article about IVF:





http://www.theword.ie/cms/publish/printe鈥?/a>Need advice/ websites from catholic women or those who are familiar with catholic beliefs on fertility.?
Your chart is definitely unstable.





Do you have the NFP book? I don't have it with me at my desk, but I do know it has a large chapter in there for dealing with irregular periods and such.





Also, look on the http://www.ccli.org website, they may have something as well. You can also send your charts in to a physician there to take a look at and help you possibly pinpoint ways that could help your irregularity.





There is also a links page on there that you can look up nearby CCL's by state. That could help you too so that you can talk to someone.





I would also suggest contacting your husband's church parish because they were definitely have some numbers to people who teach NFP and could possibly help you. I know most are quite okay with talking to them about your charts.





I will state that IVF is against the Catholic Church and considered a mortal sin to do so. It's against Catholicism because they have to fertilize quite a few eggs and then those embryos are either frozen or discarded. Also, most implantations do not work on the first time and thus an abortion happens. The Church cannot stand for this.





Hormonal treatments, surrogate mother, sperm banks and so on are also against the Church. I would see about contacting an ob-gyn who is Pro-Life and for NFP. But, you can bring your chart with you to your ob-gyn, it will possibly help him or her if you have a few charts to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment