Sunday, December 27, 2009

Stuck in a rut and can't find a decent woman: Fellow Christians please add some advice?




I'm a young man who is going through college. Most of my time is spent at school or at home. I've tried every church around me and none of them offer anything for singles (at least those who are not older than 40). I've never dated and I'm unsure how to approach and meet women. I am trying to find a modest woman who also has a passion for God. I haven't met many women who meet that description at my college. What should I do?Stuck in a rut and can't find a decent woman: Fellow Christians please add some advice?
Pray.





My mother and her sisters and previous generations said this prayer and they are all now happily married.





Lord God, give to me a partner who will make my life happy, and who will help to sanctify my life and my home. Grant me the graces I now need to prepare worthily for this great Sacrament of Matrimony. I need grace to pray better and more often; I need prudence in selecting one who will be devoted to me to my home and to my children. Above all, O Lord, grant me the grace of great purity and restraint during these years, so that the memory of our courtship, the charm of our pure love, will be an ever blessed and happy one.


Then indeed we shall have every reason to hope that your Son Jesus and his Mother , Mary, will grace our wedding with their presence, and coming down with us to our home will help to make it like unto the Home of Nazareth.


Amen





I don't know whether your Catholic but you could use a variation.


Also, if your not happy with just yourself and God then you never will be happy in a relationship so pray about your singleness, and maybe you will come to realize that you're still single because you haven't met the woman God has chosen for you yet.





God Bless


LStuck in a rut and can't find a decent woman: Fellow Christians please add some advice?
Well, most likely she'll show up one day when you aren't looking for her.





I suggest you get active in things that inspire socializing with one another. Just get out and about. May it be in a religious section in a bookstore and she's picking up something concerning God in a positive light and you are interested--you can strike a positive conversation about your faith, or going out and doing service for your community (like christian inspired charities) where you can discuss the will of the lord to help the people.





I think your aim should not be just meeting a woman. Busy yourself with other things, don't worry, be active. She'll come in time. God has a good plan for your love life I'm sure. Although, he isn't going to do alll the work. Don't be lazy and get out and enjoy the sunshine. Make small talk with people. You'll probably catch a good conversation.
You have to look for churches with high ratios of P31 to P7 women. (If you are seriously looking for a godly woman, then you will know what that means.)





Some churches to stay away from (in no particular order):





1. Megachurches


2. United Methodist


3. Other liberal churches





They aren't necessarily bad, and there might be some wonderful women there. However, you're just less likely to find what I think you want.





Churches with higher P31 ratios (also in no particular order):





1. Reformed


2. Messianic


3. Other churches that stress conformity to God's law and social structures.





I had to travel a thousand miles to find her. They're out there, and they are worth the hunting and waiting. The competition for such women can be fierce, but if you make yourself a P1-31 man, she will see it.





-yk
I'm sort of afraid to suggest this, but try Christiansingles.com or something like that.





Try more churches too. You won't find young singles at ';wrinkled'; churches. Remember, Jesus is coming back for a church without spot or wrinkle! My church has wrinkled people in it, but it definitely is not a wrinkly church!
Put your concern to prayer, and I am praying for you also. I commend you for your diligence on this, and your dedication to your faith. You will find the one for you!
I didn't realise you people went to church merely to get laid, I've a tip, try to not let the desperation show.
maybe the problem isn't the women, maybe the problem is you.
Try the next tent revival. The first one that speaks in tongues is a keeper.
If you were British I would so be on to you!
Alcohol makes everyone friendlier.
keep looking and praying. God will lead you in the right direction ;)
pray and ask God to lead you.... dont give up

No comments:

Post a Comment