Tuesday, April 27, 2010

20 yr old Women Traveling solo in europe..... need advice?

Hey guys,





Im thinking about traveling to Europe this winter. France and/or Italy.I have vacationed there before, so I have already done the tourist thing. I want to go back and just take my time. I would be traveling alone,which would be a first for me. I have heard the pros and cons to this. Has anyone else traveled solo through Europe? Are there better/safer hostels to stay at? Any advice would be great.20 yr old Women Traveling solo in europe..... need advice?
I traveled alone through France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy and Spain when I was 21 and loved it. I stayed in both hostels and nice hotels. I traveled both air and trains, both good, depending on prices. Go for it but keep your wits about you. The only negative thing I can say is that I was mugged while in Valencia, Spain. But, it all worked out and I should of seen it coming. I did so many cool things and got to do what ever I wanted, when I wanted. And the people that you meet and hang out with! You should seize the opportunity and run with it. You will have such an amazing time. Have fun!20 yr old Women Traveling solo in europe..... need advice?
I've been to Ireland alone. But then once you get there, you're never alone unless you want to be. Do your thing.
I would not travel alone, just does not seem safe. If you must, then plan your travel ahead of time. Make a detailed list of every place you plan to visit and stay (including addresses and tel numbers). Then, I would leave the list with someone you trust state-side. Make sure you contact them periodically to ';check-in';. Al least someone back home will know you are safe at all time. Good luck.
you bear a striking resemblence to me--have we met before???
Alone and young does make you a target be wise and careful. Stay at the bigger hotels and stay close to them. When going to tourist places-enjoy but know your surroundings. Let your Hotel be your friend they know the area. Try to stay out of the nightlife unless it is in the hotel (pick one that has it) Don't give your total trust to strangers be friendly and enjoy them but stick always to your home base (no mater how innocent they seem). Enjoy the day-shop-sightsee-eat-collect pictures or souvenirs. Enjoy your trip-(always with caution). Again look at hotels before you go-you want a nice big popular one-which has night life for you to enjoy. Have a good trip
I don't personally have any good advice, but I just saw that movie hostel and ... *shivers* just be careful of those damn sexy foreigners... Good Luck and hope you have fun! :)
I would never travel solo in a foreign country as a woman.
Dont Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment