Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Younger guys with older women? Please give me some advice.?

I'm a woman in her mid 40s who is single and without children. I had spent a long time with one guy and we broke up a couple of years ago. As luck has it, I look a lot younger than my years and am frequently taken as a 30 year old. I also take good care of myself by keeping fit and eating very well. Because of this I am often asked out by guys in their twenties. The problem is, I am often attracted to them too. You might say 'what problem'? Ok, true, if an attraction is mutual why not go for it but in reality, I feel a bit insecure about the level of maturity of these guys and usually turn them down. I am not really attracted to men in my age group so I feel frustrated at this situation. I want to date a guy who is able to have a stable long term relationship with me. I fear that these 20 somethings are just looking for a fling or sexual experience with an older woman. Can these relationships really work..like real love? Or will the want a young girl for a baby etc?Younger guys with older women? Please give me some advice.?
I can't really give you much advice, but I do know how you feel since I'm in the same situation. I don't look my age at all, and I'm always asked out by much younger guys. Men my age don't seem interested at all. Like you, I want someone close to my age so I can feel secure in a relationship. I was involved with someone for several months and I was twice his age. We had lots of fun together and got along really well, but I finally started feeling like I was ';taking care of him';. It seemed like I was the one making all the effort and I eventually got tired of that. I want someone to make an effort with me!! I guess we should be glad we still look young and that we feel good and are still attractive, but like you, I wonder where all the guys are that would be more suitable for us. Maybe one will turn up eventually. lolYounger guys with older women? Please give me some advice.?
No easy answers here. However, you should change where you hang out at. Maybe a man in his early 30's would better suit you. He is still younger but a lot more mature, as for the babies if y'all get in a long term relationship you can always adopt.
What about finding middle ground and date guys in their 30's. Are guys your age interested? I suspect they don't, at least not for the long run. You may be a little superficial and only 20 yo guys would overlook that. Spend time to look at yourself and grow.
Well this is a toughie. my bet is though that if your past your child bearing years, these relationships will not last.
It just depends. I mean, I am 23 and probably like a lot of the guys you turn down. I think you will have to find someone who is really into you and is really mature. I have heard of these relationships really working, but my advice would be find someone who is really mature for being in his 20s and take it slow. Most guys don't want a baby anyways. They like the idea of it and enjoy fatherhood once it arrives, but most guys don't want a ';family.'; It is def possible that it could work for you though. Just be careful bc some will be wanting the sexual part of it, however if you look only 30 and they are mid 20s the whole older woman conquest thing probably isn't as bad as you would think.
I have a girlfriend who was 40 + when she met and fell in love with a 17 year old. They waited until he was of age and married. That was 20+ years ago and they are very very happy. Her children from her first marriag are happy with the situation and my friend feels as if she special all the time.





So age gaps are really irrelevant. Just make sure that you communicate properly and that whoever you choose communicates with you too.





Good luck.
If your looking for love no this is not going to work.... If you are looking for a boy toy than have your fun but don't get to involved..... Nothing worse than seeing a cougar crying over her boy toy....
Lighten up! If you are attracted to a younger guy and he to you, what's the big deal! Nothing wrong with you enjoying life and you just might meet a younger guy who is very tired of immature females!
In many cases these type of relation doesn't work, another 10 years u'll start looking older, your way of thinking changes, then they'll enjoy the company of their age, think about it.
Go with the moment; we have no choice over who we attracted to!


I feel for you; I spent a year in a loving relationship with a much younger man - 17 years younger to be exact. I know that he loved me very much, and he was willing to commit to a long term relationship with me; however, I was in my mid-40s at that time,he was 27. My family was complete - he had no children, and really wanted a child. I sat him down and told him I was letting him go; that I couldn't give him a child, and that I would not want that to become a source of strife between us.


The fact that we cared so much for each other meant that he knew I had his interests at heart....we parted.


In time, we both met other people. He has the child he always longed for now.


It 's issues like this that may raise their heads - I see no difficulty whatever in having a relationship with a younger man; it's what to do when you want it to be for life, and the guy just wants a notch on his bedpost?
well in my opinion, id say talk to the guy before yous start dating. tell him strait up. i forty. if he dosnt care what age you are go for it dont feel insucure. feel like your beautiful enough to get with a 20 year old guy. if he dosnt approve, let him go. theres many more, like you said attractive 20 year old who would date you.


maybe one day youd find a 20 year old who actually is not in to his age but in to older woman around your age.


and if this guy is afraid of what his friends %26amp; family thinks, work it out. because like you said you clean, healthy, and you look 30 !





best of luck%26lt;3
just give them a chance and see how it goes remember everyone is differant you might meet someone who is a lot younger than you but you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment