Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Have you noticed the women who give out smug advice?

I just asked a question about how I can rest because i am so busy, as a single pregnant woman. One woman had the nerve to reprimand me about ';being married first';! First of all, I was engaged. He abandoned me at 14 weeks along (should I have gotten an abortion then, according to this woman?). Also, how does she know that her husband won't abandon HER at some point? A piece of paper isn't going to stop him from running off with his secretary, now is it? Is a marriage license going to stop her husband from having a fatal heart attack and leaving her a single parent?





Don't criticize single parents......there but for the grace of god.Have you noticed the women who give out smug advice?
That was totally wrong what she said to you. I have total respect for single parents. My older sister is one, and its a struggle... but she does a amazing job. I get upset anytime someone talks negatively about her or the job shes doing with her daughter... because shes truly trying her best. This question had me in tears. (but then again I am pregnant so I tend to cry about everything :) Don't pay her any mind. Congrats on your pregnancy!!! :)Have you noticed the women who give out smug advice?
People like that only see black and white. Most likely she is against abortion, but thinks only married women should have babies. Hmm. How's that supposed to work?





She probably also supports abstinence programs (which have been proven to NOT work for the majority of teens).





Some people are way to judgmental and way too intolerant.
Hi girlfriend, I'm here for you! And sorry about what your ex did, he will get his! I am 5 and a 1/2 mths pregnant, just got engaged but we are still deciding the date, so you know there are no guarantees. F*** that women! She probably mad because she's ugly. You are absolutely right, a marriage license never stopped a single man from leaving. What you do is your business. Good luck with your new baby...you are not alone.
Goes back to the the old saying- If you don't have any thing nice to say then don't say anything at all- Some people are just grumpy and rude. I actually think some people go out of their way to be really mean and rude to other people online because they are really unhappy people. Instead of being rude they should get their anger out in healthy ways.





Sorry that she was rude to you. Try to not let it get you down.
One thing I have learned about yahoo answers is that you cannot take some answers seriously. It will kill you if you do. It took me awhile to figure that out, now that I have I have a much better yahoo answers experience, it shows in my questions and in my answers.





No one should criticize anyone regardless, no one ever knows a situation in the way that the people involved in it do.
Awesome!


I totally agree.


There are SO many single parents who are way better parents than parents who are married.


Being married or single really has nothing to do with raising a child, in my opinion, sometimes it's nice not having to run everything by someone else lol.
If you ask for advice, you are going to get both good and bad and even advice you didn't ask for. If you are that sensitive, then I suggest you go to a moderated board.





As far as your need to rest, you need to cut some of your 'business' out of your life so that you CAN get rest.
I agree with you. There are way to many people on here who just like to hear themselves talk (just like in real life!) Sorry to hear about that asshol* leaving you! Sound's like you're doing everything you can, so good for you! Try a long hot bath one night. My wife is 26wks and loves them!





good luck!
Don't let people like that bother you. You are already taxed with the stresses in your life, her opinion is of no importance to you. Good for you going it alone. You won't be sorry. I wish you all the best!
I agree with you. I have gotten criticized here for my relationship status.


They think that their relationship is perfect and they better pray that they way.
Haha I agree. She has no idea why you are a single mom. Your question was asking for advice on rest...not her personal opinion on your marital status.
yeah i've noticed them. some people just think that they are perfect don't they?
Don't listen to that woman. Everyone's situation is unique and not everyone is lucky enough to find a decent man (not too many exist in the first place!) I commend you for taking responsibility even though he won't. You're right, you could have gotten an abortion like so many other women do. You are a very good human being (and mom for that matter) to have made the decision to keep your baby given your situation. I wish you all the best of luck and one day your baby will love you even more when they discover what you have went through for them. Congrats and God Bless!
I completly agree....why cant they just answer the question instead of going into how you should be married before you have kids and have sex etc? I just think to myself well im pregnant a little too late for that advice now! If they spent as much time out on the streets giving this advice in schools as they did on yahoo answers telling pregnant women they should be married before sex or have kids then I think they might actually make a difference somewhere!!! I just think that their advice has nothing to do with the question at hand and they should stick to what was asked instead of preaching! Im pregnant too and if I start a question with my boyfriend and I then I always get ';you should be married before you have sex';!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment