Friday, April 30, 2010

Women, I need your help and advice...?

Have any of you ever felt so overwhelmed, so depressed, so frustrated, etc.. that you sometimes wanted to just walk out on your whole family, husband and kids? Sometimes I really feel like this, deep down i know its wrong, i would devestate my kids, but i am so fed up with this life that i have right now, i just want to run away and be alone. i guess in reality, i want to escape my problems and not have to deal with them anymore. if you have ever felt this way, how did you get past that, how did you deal with it? i wasnt raised to abandon my children, so why do i feel like just walking out on everything, then?Women, I need your help and advice...?
Of coarse we feel that way at times!! But, reality tells me that my children need me, and I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I ever did that to them.





What works for me is when I count my blessings!!! For me: Hubby is healthy and is a hard worker, healthy, loving children and pretty much obedient children (yay!), family, friends, church, private school, spacious house, cars, boat, my health is good, I get to stay at home....just to name a few.





But do make time for yourself. If your on edge, leave for several hours. Go do something for yourself: take in a movie, go to a restaurant, hook up with a friend, oh yeah, read the Bible. That helps me big time.





Hang in there. You are not alone.Women, I need your help and advice...?
Kids are stressful and I don't think you're alone on fantacizing a new and different life.
I'm not a woman yet, I'm just a girl.. I don't think I'm wise enough to advice you but I will say a prayer for you. Good luck.. I think everything seems so hard in our minds but in reality any problem is just a black cloud and it will pass someday.. good luck
I feel the same way too. I want a do-over!!!
Yeah I used to feel like that. I got a divorce, my kids stayed right here with me and life got a whole lot better.
maybe you just need a vacation. do you have any girl friends that you could go on a short trip with? a little distance for a few days or a week could be all you need.
I dont have children yet but I have felt like that before. I am married and we have 3pets and sometimes it feels like this isnt my life or what I wanted my life to be like. The great escape is the best answer. Go out of town with your best friend or some of your girlfriends for a weekend. Tell your husband u really need it. Enjoy your life and dont let it run you down. then plan for family events. Your home should not feel like a second job. And also write a letter to your husband letting him know how you feel. Writing leaves no room for talk back. Once he has read your letter talk about how he can help you feel better and make everything feel alright! But don't actually leave
You sound like you may be depressed. Talk to your doctor about it. Stress sometimes makes us think things that we other wise wouldn't even dream of doing. Having someone to talk to can be a huge help. Instead of running away, reach out for some help in coping.
Go to a massage therapist, and then to a counselor. You need to get these feelings out in a safe environment. Please get help.
i think as a woman this is a normal feeling, but it may also be a sign of depression and your doctor can help you with that... depression can only be treated with drugs.


anyway, maybe try to find the specific things that are making you feel overwhelmed and ask for your husbands help to relieve those things.


hire a baby sitter and take a date night or an overnight trip with your husband.


ask a girlfriend for a fun outting. sometimes just having a girl time helps relieve that stress, too.


but honestly, you are experiencing signs of depression (it runs in my family and this is a common sign. also, i'm a health minor and in my womens health class we learned about depression and forms of treatment and that the only effective treatment is medication. i believe that because i've seen proof of it in my family.)


best of luck
Your problem is common. Unfortunately, the solution is the kind of advice that you really can't find on Yahoo answers. You need professional help and possibly medication to help get over your depression. Good luck.
Although the anxiety, depressed mood, and frustration you mentioned are common, it's not usually desired. You may want to: 1. Seek a professional assessment. 2. Use some


interventions as band aids until you can acquire adequate skill


to manage more effectively. 3. Suggestions for interventions are: Practice saying, ';NO;'; this can be difficult when you are trying to do and be everything to and for everybody; take a mini-vacation for 1 day at a time if you can't get away right now; rethink what you specifically want for yourself so you can know it when you experience it; and list everything you feel you need to do and do only one thing at a time to decrease feeling of being overwhelmed. If the great care you provide for your family does not appear to be valued, you will need to spend time learning to value yourself. I commend you on your decision to work it out. I have felt like this before and i did 2 things: Sought professional help, and changed my way of seeing things so that I no longer felt depressed, overwhelmed, and frustrated. When I changed, everybody and everything else changed, kind of like when you move one ball of a mobile. Hope this helps.
My mum walked out on my dad leaving us kids with him when I was 5 , the emotional roller coaster of parent swapping went on for 10 years after that totally confusing us and making us angry and hurt and feeling rejected , both my parents spent time in a psyche ward because of emotional issues from childhood and the vietnam war.





If anything it made me more determined to be a good wife and a good mother , I failed at the good wife bit man I dont even wear make up because my mum wasnt there to teach me the girly gear and I had 3 older brother's who I knew and 2 i never met.





I have spent many days telling my kids I love them so much some days it feels like my heart's going to explode , something my parents failed to do with me , but there has been more days when I have looked into their loving eyes and wished I could just walk away , money , loneliness , rejection from society , its all there but nobody warns you of it when you become a parent.





It's normal and you just deal with it you get up dust yourself off and carry on because in the end you cant abandon them and the simple truth is the problems will follow you emotionally , at the same time they'll worsen because now you have to financially support yourself as well as emotionally .





Just breath go day by day and dont set your expectations to high.





Good luck.
I don't think there is a parent in the WORLD (except maybe the super rich ones who don't do much of their own parenting anyway)... who hasn't felt EXACTLY like you are feeling... Feeling that way is not bad---ACTING on those feelings would be.... what you have to keep thinking about in the back of your mind is that it's NOT ALL GOING TO BE BAD... there will come a time when all your problems will be passed... you just have to work a bit harder NOW to get what you want later.... I was a single parent for 27 years and I KNOW how frustrating life can be... no money, no fun, no food sometimes, crappy cars, nasty homes, debts, creditors calling, it' a rut...but now, I'm retired and living a pretty good life and have a WONDERFUL child who, I KNOW all my sacrifices were WORTH it... One day, in the near future, one of your kids will make you feel SO much better over the things you are going through RIGHT NOW.... my son sure did... ALMOST all parents struggle... you are NOT alone... what you need to do EVERY SO OFTEN is get a sitter and go on a REAL DATE with your husband----or take a day by yourself and go to a spa and get pampered... maybe once every two weeks or something so that will give you something special JUST FOR YOURSELF to look forward too every week....and TRY with all your might TRY to remember every day why you married that man you call HUSBAND ....and remember how much fun you had MAKING those kids...... Once the kids start moving out, you will LONG for the days when you were frustrated... ...Life is WAY too short to get yourself so upset over things you cannot change----but you CAN make some of those things BETTER.... work on THAT...and love your family!!!!
  • eye shadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment