Friday, April 30, 2010

I feel like I'm starting to become racist against white american women, and I need your advice?

I've always been against all forms of real discrimination. I actually base my life on being against it in everything I do. But over the past few years, I've been feeling like I'm becomging more and more racist against specifically white american women.





It's specifically because, based on attitudes I've seen on here, at my job, in college, at the mall, and reflected on TV, I see this princess entitlement mentality that I never really noticed before. I've ignored it as me feeling maybe I'm just being paraniod but then I keep seing more and more examples of it. Maybe I'm just noticing it because thats what I want to see, and ignoring all of the good ones out there. Or maybe not.





I've hung out with a lot of girls from other ethnicities, specifically foreign girls who have become Amercan, or are American but who's parents are from other countries. Yeah, some of them can have princess mentality too, but many of them usually end up being so down to Earth. Maybe it's a cultural thing. Maybe it's just me and I just don't agree with America's mentality when it comes to women.





When American women here guys say this, they usually say things like, '; Oh you just like foreign girls because your afraid of strong independant women, and you want a female slave';. Isn't that racist? Thats the kind of attitude I'm talking about. And the foreign girls I'm talking about are actually strong and independant.





The sweetest thing I've ever seen a white female do, were these two 12 year old girls who were blind. My wife was baby sitting them, and we all went out to eat. They absolutely loved conversating about everything, they gave me all their attention. They were open, kind, attentive, considerate, etc. Not sure if it was because they were blind, or if it was their upbriging but they were so pleasant. The complete opposite of what I see from girls at the mall and other places.





But I want to learn not to become racist because of what I've seen.


Thoughts?I feel like I'm starting to become racist against white american women, and I need your advice?
What race are you? You say you have a wife, what race is she? I'm confused how you are married yet still measuring up white women as if you're in the market for one. Can you clarify exactly what your problem is?





Thumbing me down is not an answer, it's an evasion. I'm waiting. You may have TDed me but everyone else can still see my questions and see how you're avoiding answering them.





Add:


I think maybe you're seeing it because you're looking for it. Just like racist white people look for the worst behavior in minorities and completely overlook those who are not acting stereotypically. Also, younger women (as well as men) tend to be more self-absorbed and opinionated. Mellowing comes with maturity and experience. Not all, of course, but a good number.





Keep fighting the urge to judge an entire race of women because you know very well that an entire group like that is never all the same. As a black man you know the unfairness of stereotypes.





(I apologize for accusing you of thumbing me down)I feel like I'm starting to become racist against white american women, and I need your advice?
i disagree with just about everything america does.... i hate what most of the american people think.... but my reasons aren't racist.... and i dont usually generalize all americans by the vast majority of them...





just know in your mind that there are decent american women out there... more than you think..... just dont generalize..
Please dont do that.Your just setting yourself back.What if everyone felt this way towards each other??Dont let ignorance cloud your better judgement.








P.S Im not caucasian
Don't worry about whether or not you fit the ';racist'; label. Just worry about truth.
You gotta be kidding. How many white American women have u met in your life? 2? 3, maybe? Where do people come up with crap like this?
there are some women in any race who act like that.
';You have ideas from somewhere that white American women are stuck up.';


OMG, where could he have gotten THAT idea? LOL
If you look hard enough for something, chances are you'll see it everywhere even if it's not really there. It can even become an obsession. I'm not so sure you're not already there. Not saying that to be hurtful but it seems that you're pretty fixated on it. It's like a bad habit that's run away with you like an out of control horse running away with its rider.





Try focusing on other things than skin color because it's the least important thing in the world anyway. Get some help if that's what it takes to break this thing because if you let it keep growing inside of you it could lead to depression or anger or other problems.





Besides, it's not a healthy thing to be stereotyping people this way and that includes stereotyping the foreign women too. Would you want it done to you?





If you trained yourself into this bad habit, you can train yourself out of it too with some work on your part and some help if needed.





You'll be a lot happier if you do.
You just have to accept that what you see isn't really how it is.





Your exact same arguement could be made from the perspective of any race against any other race. ie: ';White boys just want white girls so that they can make them into house wives. What they really need is a ___ (insert ethnicity or race) girl who can show them what a real woman is like.';





It sounds like you're just naturally prone to negativity. There are stereotypes about every race out there. I would argue that it's not a ';white'; girl thing but an ';american'; or even a ';western'; girl thing to act like a princess. I've seen women of every dang color out there act like that.





I guess what I'm saying is, you must realize you have no point. your argument is biased and invalid. If you see a girl acting like a princess, go ahead and dislike all you want. Your ability to translate these examples of girls you don't like into stereotyping an entire race or culture, you are no better than a bunch of americans sitting around who don't trust muslims because they think they are terorrists.





just remind yourself of the nonsense that you are creating out of nothing with these notions.
Does it tell you something when the only white American women you got on with were 2 blind 12 year olds? Perhaps it it is *you* and not *everyone else*.





I didn't say ';men';, I said YOU.
You are racist. You have ideas from somewhere that white American women are stuck up. And the only example you can give of white females that you liked are a couple of 12 year old blind girls. Was it because they were blind that they were so 'non-judgmental'?Just get over yourself. The color of a person's skin does not determine personality, caring, kindness, or any other kind of traits.
women? thar all the sammme!

No comments:

Post a Comment