Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Advice please from a female doctor.....women's problems.?

I am a 46 year old very healthy woman. At the moment I am having the heaviest period of my life and I mean..exhaustion. This is the third day of crazy bleeding. I am tired of changing tampons. I feel like my womb is being shed or something. Normally, I have normal ones, like 4 days and almost no pain. What could cause this? I noticed my last period was the exact opposite, 2 days and completely painless. I am sweating and very weak. Please give me some advice if you have ever heard of these symptoms. Important: I am not sexually active so there is no chance of me being pregnant or having a miscarriage.Advice please from a female doctor.....women's problems.?
get that checked out could be fibroids.you can have womb scrape D and C or may need hysterectomy.Advice please from a female doctor.....women's problems.?
I am not a female doc


But


am a female that went through what you did at your age..


welcome to hormonal changes..


one ovary is probably acting up causing this month to month change of heavy flow then no flow..


you have got to start EATING correctly in order to get a grip on this problem.


I stopped using tampons because of the vaginal irritation it caused.


Go to your GYN..


DO NOT TAKE HORMONES!!!!!


Like premrin,


whatever you do, do not take hormones...


hormones gave me breast cancer after 2 years of continual use...please do not ever take them if the doc trys to give them to you refuse...


you will be fine...
I am not a female doctor but what you're having sounds very much like a fibroid tumor, which I had a number of years ago. They are benign but can cause a lot of problems with pain, heavy bleeding, and so on. I would see a GYN as soon as you can, it's not dangerous but you can become anemic with all the bleeding. It's possible you may need surgery also. Take care - hope you feel better soon.
that is easy to figure out you are beginning the change. you could have these kind of cycles on and off a few more years or you could maybe be over it in a year. when i was 48 i just stopped having cycles, that was it I was done. Usually it is more common for the on and off again and heavy and light cycles until you are done. it takes 12 months of no periods before you are post menopausal. welcome to the club. you could ask your doc about the natural hormones or just see how bad it gets. i did not take hormones because i felt they did me more harm, but for some women they are a lifesaver. atleast in the first year or so you are going through it good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment